We laugh A LOT about the names of things / products here, because they FOR SURE wouldn´t go over in the USA.
- chocolate candy named "Crack"... do you think we will get stopped in customs if we bring home a suitcase full of "Crack" in May?
- Bimbos... not only the name of bread, but also a hamburger joint. I´m thinking that they might be a great sponsor for a drill team or a halftime show. Can´t you imagine the shirts with the sponsor´s name plastered across the chest?
- And don´t forget the Bimbo snack product "Kranky" yogurt bites. I always think of yogurt as a peaceful product, not a cranky fit-throwing snack.
- Apocalypse... a bus company. Not sure that I want to ride the mountain passes and pray that I survive the narrow roads, landslides, and giant falling boulders while riding in a bus called The Apocalypse!
- Lay´s potato chips... when pronounced in Spanish, it is "lice". Anyone for a big bag of lice for a snack?
- Horniman tea... enough said. It is the leading brand of tea bags here.
I´ll keep you posted on other brands as I find them :)